Sheldon G. Gilman
Employment and Practice Experience
Lynch, Cox, Gilman & Goodman, P.S.C., Louisville, KY
Partner – Served as a partner or an associate with Louisville law firms since 1972
- Estate Planning – Trust & Estates; Employee Benefits; Business Organizations & Tax
- Qualified as expert witness in trust & estate; professional responsibility, and business matters
- Mediator in complex trust & estate litigation matters involving multiple millions of dollars.
JUDGE ADVOCATE GENERAL’S CORPS, U.S. ARMY; Captain, USAR, 1968-72, with duty assignments at: U.S. Army Missile Command, Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, Alabama
- Office of The Judge Advocate General, HQ Department of the Army, Washington, D.C.
- Secretary of the Army Designee to Army Conscientious Objector Review Board, Washington, D.C. and Counsel – The Office of the Secretary Defense, Washington, D.C.
J.D., 1967, CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY, CLEVELAND, OHIO Area of Concentration: Business Organizations and Tax Law.
B.B.A., 1965, OHIO UNIVERSITY, ATHENS, OHIO
Area of Concentration: Business Finance & Accounting
Admitted to Practice
State Bars: Florida; Indiana; Kentucky; Ohio; Tennessee;
Federal Bars: District of Columbia Bar; U.S. Court of Military Appeals; U.S. Tax Court; U.S. Supreme Court; and U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky.
Member, Kentucky Bar Association – Ethics “Hotline” – 1990 – 2011; 2013 – to present
Member, Kentucky Bar Association – Ethics Committee – 1982-86; 1990-2011; 2013 – to present
Member, Kentucky Bar Association – “1988 Model Rules Committee;” “Ethics 2000 Committee”
Member, American Bar Association – Section of Real Property, Probate & Trust Law
Fellow of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.
Member, Employee Benefits Committee – ACTEC – 1999-2002
Member, Professional Responsibility Committee – ACTEC – 2002-2005
President, Louisville Employee Benefits Council, 1980.
General Counsel, Louisville Assn. Life Underwriters, 1977-78, and 1990-2000.
Adjunct Faculty – Employee Benefits, Brandeis Law School, University of Louisville, 1994
Fellow of The American Bar Foundation.
The Best Lawyers in America for Trusts and Estates and Employee Benefits Law
The Best Lawyers’ 2016 Trusts and Estates “Lawyer of the Year” for Louisville.
Kentucky Super Lawyers
25 Year Award of Preeminent “AV” Rated Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
Who’s Who in American Law
Who’s Who in America
Who’s Who in the World