Emily T. Cecconi
Emily T. Cecconi joined Lynch Cox Gilman & Goodman as an associate in 2023, after having started her career with Diana L. Skaggs + Partners following her graduation the University of Kentucky Rosenburg College of Law. Although her practice touches all areas of divorce and family law, she concentrates on complex financial divorce, including business valuation, tracing of nonmarital assets, the determination of income available for child and spousal support, and complex child custody matters.
She earned her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Kentucky Rosenberg College of Law in 2018 Cum Laude. While working toward her degree, Ms. Cecconi served as a certified legal intern with the University of Kentucky College of Law Legal Clinic. As a member of the U.K. Legal Clinic, Ms. Cecconi used a limited license to advise, counsel, and represent indigent clients in a variety of civil legal matters, including divorce and advanced directives. Prior to law school, Ms. Cecconi graduated Cum Laude from Bellarmine University with a B.A. in English and Political Science.
Education and Honors
J.D. University of Kentucky College of Law, 2018, Cum Laude
- Senior Staff Editor, The Kentucky Law Journal
- CALI Award for highest grade in Family Law, 2017
B.A. in English and Political Science, cum laude, Bellarmine University, 2015
- Dean’s List, 2011-2015
Kentucky Bar Association, 2018-Present
Kentucky Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division 2018-Present
Kentucky Bar Association, Family Law Section 2018-Present
Louisville Bar Association, Family Law Section 2018-Present
Lectures and Publications
Alan T. Slyn and Hom Richard A. Revell 30th Annual Domestic Relations Update, Louisville, 2023.
Alan T. Slyn and Hom Richard A. Revell 30th Annual Domestic Relations Update, Louisville, 2022.
“Case Law Update” Nuts and Bolts of Family Law, Louisville Bar Association, Louisville, 2021.
Alan T. Slyn and Hon. Richard A. Revell 30 th Annual Domestic Relations Update, Louisville Bar Association, Louisville, 2021.
Alan T. Slyn and Hon. Richard A. Revell 29th Annual Domestic Relations Update, Louisville Bar Association, Louisville, 2020.
“Case Law Update” Nuts and Bolts of Family Law, Louisville Bar Association, Louisville, 2019.
Alan T. Slyn 28th Annual Domestic Relations Update, Louisville Bar Association, Louisville, 2019.
Continuring Legal Education
Dean Dorton Forensic Accounting Seminar for Attorneys, Louisville, KY
- Business valuation considerations in a period of high inflation
- How to read a valuation report
National Family Law Trial Institute, Houston Tx
- Techniques for direct and cross examination of psychological and financial experts
- Practice guidelines and appropriate methodologies for custody evaluations
- The use of custody and psychological evaluations in a custody case
- Expert witnesses and trial consultants
- Valuation of a closely held business interest
- The elements of a business valuation
2022 AAML/KBA Family Law Conference, Louisville, KY
- Parental Gatekeeping
- Practice Hygiene
- Money Laundering and YOU – A Cautionary Tale
- Client Relations & Attorney Fees – Tips from the Trenches
- Nuances and Effective Advocacy in the Dependency/Neglect/Abuse Realm
- Annual Judicial Panel: Family Court Jurisdiction Issues
- Cybersecurity & Child Tax Credits
- Kentucky Supreme Court Update
- Getting the Children Home: How to Enforce Your Custody Order in Another State
- Current Topics in Legal Ethics – 2022
Military Retirement in Divorce, Louisville Bar Association, Family Law Section, Web
Trial Practice Brown Bag Series: Prepping Witnesses for Depositions and Trial, American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Web
Expert Witnesses, Friends of Court, Foster Parents, Grandparents and Other Family Law Developments in 2020, Louisville Bar Association, Web
2020 AAML National Seminar, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Web
- Cutting Edge Evidence Issues
- Virtual Advocacy, Wave of the Future?
- Divorcing the Highly Planned Family
- Virtual Negotiating
- Defending the Accused
- What Family Lawyers Must Know About Accessing Trust Funds in Divorce and Beyond
- Finding Solutions in Extreme Risk Cases
- Family Law Ethics and Best Practices for the Practitioner in a Post-Covid World
- Avoiding Appellate Pitfalls and Preserving Appellate Error
- A Deck Stacked with ACES: How a Scientific Study Can Improve Our Service to Clients and Care for Ourselves
- Appraisals of Fine and Decorative Arts and Luxury Goods: What the Matrimonial Lawyer Needs to Know
2020 AAML Institute for Family Law Associates Webinar, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Web
- How to Second Chair a Family Law Case
- Custody During COVID and Other Parenting-Time Provisions
- Business Valuation Terminology for the New Lawyer
- Uncovering What the 1040 Can Tell Us
Cross-Examination: A Lawyer’s Only Chance to Testify, Louisville Bar Association, Louisville, KY
Divorce for Farmers, National Business Institute, Web
Court of Appeals Family Case Law Update and Appellate Practice Tips, Louisville Bar Association, Louisville, KY
Kentucky Bar Association 2018 New Lawyer Program, Louisville, KY
Bankruptcy in Divorce, National Business Institute, Web